Current Position (since March 2022):
GMP Lab Supervisor, QM/QA – Cell Processing Biologist
Permanent Staff, National Health system (ESY)
University General Hospital of Patras and Institute of Cell Therapy, University of Patras
- Supervision of Cell Therapy Development in the GMP laboratory of Institute of Cell Therapy, Quality Management and Assurance
- Cryopreservation, Storage and Transportation of Bone Marrow Transplants
- Responsible of Bone Marrow Transplant Reception from abroad
- Guest lecturer in MSc Program “From Bench to Bedside: Cell and Gene Therapies and Good Manufacturing Practices”, on Cleanrooms’ Environmental and Equipment Management, Principles of Cell Therapy Production, Aseptic Work and GMP Manufacturing Authorization.
Vassiliki Zacharioudaki holds a Degree in Biology from Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece and a MSc and PhD in Molecular Medicine, from Faculty of Medicine, University of Crete, Greece and is an expert in Immunology, Cancer Biology and Product Development.
The main projects of her PhD research (2006-2009) were focused on Cell Signaling and Cell Metabolism in Chronic Inflammatory Diseases and Lymphomas. She has research experience as a PhD candidate in Tufts Medical Center, Boston, USA (2008-2009), were she mainly focused on the development of macrophage tolerance during inflammatory response.
Her principal post-doctoral projects were dedicated in:
- Nanobody Development (2010-2014), Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium and Visiting Researcher, Imperial College London, UK, and concerned the design, development, production, and valorization of biomarker-specific antibody derivatives to be used as molecular tools in solid tumor diagnosis and prognosis.
- Intestinal Mucosal Immunology and Microbiota interactions (2015 – 2017), Institut Pasteur de Lille, France, and were mainly focused on the development of Group B Streptococcus colonization and neonatal invasive disease model with the use of SPF and Germ-Free mice, for the description of the immune response in the gut of both mother and child.