Scholarship Applications Now Open
Submission Deadline: October 31, 2022
Following the success of the 2021/2022 program, ISCT, International Society for Cell & Gene Therapy is proud to offer full tuition scholarships for 3 ISCT European Members to enroll in the 2023/2024 Master Degree or Specialization Degree in Manufacturing of Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products, offered by the University of Granada/ Andalusian Network for the design and translation of Advanced Therapies (ANd&tAT)
The following scholarships will be awarded:
- Two (2) Scholarships for the Master Degree in Manufacturing of Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products
- One (1) Scholarship for the Specialization Degree in Manufacturing of Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products
These programmes are is designed for professionals presently working (or intending to do so) in Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)-compliant facilities producing cell therapy, gen therapy, or tissue engineered products for human use. More specifically, for technologists who will develop advanced therapy medicinal products (ATMPs) in different laboratories and institutions (hospitals, academia, or industry) within Europe, such as:
- Technical Directors or Qualified Persons of ATMP’s Pharmaceutical Laboratories
- Manufacturing Managers of ATMP’s Pharmaceutical Laboratories
- Quality Control Managers of ATMP’s Pharmaceutical Laboratories
- Quality Assurance Expert of ATMP’s Pharmaceutical Laboratories
These scholarships are made possible in part by an educational grant from Miltenyi Biotec.
THE UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC DEGREES OFFERED:
The program provides participants with the knowledge, skills and hands-on technical expertise necessary to face the challenges of manufacturing ATMPs for clinical use. This innovative Master and Specialization Degree combines the general fundamentals of ATMP regulation with specific knowledge necessary to deal with the development of medicinal products of cell therapy, gene therapy, and tissue engineering.
|Master Degree in Manufacturing of ATMPs||Specialization Degree in Manufacturing of ATMPs|
|Both Degrees will include theoretical training composed of 12 sections that will be completed online by students at their convenience ad with the support from instructors through a dedicated e-learning platform.|
|The Master Degree also includes:
3-week period of practical training at Línea IAVANTE’s
(Fundación Progreso y Salud) headquarters in Granada, Spain. This will complement the acquired theoretical knowledge by making use of a fully equipped GMP facility specifically built for training purposes and dedicates expert tutors.
|Master’s Degree also includes supervised individual work to compile a GMP facility dossier (site master file) as final project (dissertation) of the Master Degree.||N/A|
|1,500 hours (60 ECTS)||970 hours (38.8 ECTS)|
For more information on the 2023/2024 Master in Manufacturing of ATMPs at the University of Granada/ Andalusian Initiative for Advanced Therapies please visit the programme website.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS & CRITERIA
Application Deadline: October 31, 2022
Selection will be based on criteria including, but not limited to:
- Applicant must reside in Europe, hold a current ISCT membership, and maintain their ISCT membership throughout the duration of the Master/ Specialization programme
- Applicant must satisfy the requirements/ student profile as outlined in Section 2 of the Master Programme 2023/2024 brochure.
- Applicant training, productivity and experience as indicated in the curriculum vitae, letter of application and letter of recommendation.
- Commitment to a career in ATMP manufacturing as outlined in the letter of application.
- All other considerations being equal, regional representation.
Note that successful applicants must submit CV, Passport, and University Degree Certificate to the University of Granada/ Andalusian Network for the design and translation of Advanced Therapies as a condition of acceptance.